Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all! I hope everything is doing well for everyone. I apologise right now for not writing very big personalised reponses, but I figure I will just be able to talk to you in a couple days so its no big deal.
 
I have had a very good week since last wednesday, and I am very, very excited for Christmas. Things have been really filling up here, so we are busy every day with member apointments for meals and then appointments with our investigators who  are doing the best. I have a couple exciting pieces of news to tell too. First off, Christmas packages have not yet arrived, but hopefully they will before the actual day of Christmas arrives. There are still three days left, so there is hope!! Second, video has been approved to be used for Skype, so I cannot wait to see all of your smiling, extremely tired but yet excited faces Saturday morning.
 
The best thing about this last week though, if I had to choose, was Osvaldo being baptised. He had chosen my companion to baptise him, and I will confirm him this next Sunday. It has been incredible being the missionary that started teaching him from the very beginning, and then being the one to see him change his life, and be baptised. The best part was seeing him go from being someone who  had a very unhappy marriage because alcohol was always inbetween him and his wife and kids, to have him stop drinking in a single day, take his piercing out of his ear for good because he realised the importance even though he thought it made him look good, and dressing in a nice suit on sundays. His relationship with his wife has improved so much. She is the happiest I have ever seen her, and now she has all these plans how in a couple months she will take him to the temple in Switzerland to do Baptisms for the dead, and then in a year to the day she is going to take him back to Switzerland to be sealed together for time and all eternity. Its been incredible. He is SUCH THE MAN! The other night, we had a FHE,  and one of our investigators kinda flipped out, and Osvaldo just kinda took control, explained the gospel priciple to him, and then made everything calm back down. It was so tight.
 
It snowed in Rome! It NEVER snows in Rome! People have no idea how to act in the snow here lol. That was the funniest part. People were walking around with umbrellas, trains had shut down, metros were cancelled, and it was dangerous to even be NEXT to a road lol. Italians just have no idea what to do lol. I heard it snowed once last year, but before that, it hadnt snown for about twenty years! It was so tight! The next day it warmed right back up, so we arent going to have a white christmas here, but hey, at least I got to see it. Nothing like the TONS AND TONS AND TONS AND TONS of SNOW that you get in UTAH. Feet and feet of it. SO cold and wet and everything, just a ton of SNOW. Especially in the area of Altonah lol. But the best way to cure the snow is to make lasagna, so that is what we did. We made a HUGE lasagna, from a sweet Ragu and Besciamella, and it was an incredible 9 layers. My piece was so big that I couldnt finish it, so you know it has to be big if I cant handle it lol.
 
I dont really know what more to say.... Yay snow? haha I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and talk to you in a couple days!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Post a Comment