Weed Spray anyone?

Well, Well, Well...
 
What have we here, two more baptismal dates? How interesting.... let's just add them to our other 6 dates untill we have a little time to figure out what to do with them.
 
Its strange... I swear, baptismal dates here in Trapani are just like weeds, springin' up all over the place. But hey, what can ya do? Nothin' I guess.
 
This week has been pretty crazy! We had zone conference the yesterday, and ya know what I realised? At this particular zone conference, there were only 4 missionaries older than me in the mission. I talked to my mission president, and he was telling me  that MAYBE only 25% of the missionaries have less time than me. It looks like I'm the big dog now haha. President also told me that he really had no idea what was going to go on with transfers this transfer, but that Anziano Bunker and I probably arent going to stay together, and that I really could stay in Trapani. I guess we will find out in 2 weeks lol.
 
I have been learning alot about Repentance, and that no one is perfect. Not even a missionary. It is really weird. It feels all the time that members and investigators think that missionaries are perfect. I have even have investigators tell me that we are perfect. But it is no way close to true lol. It is what we are expected to be, but I have just been noticing lately, especially from my studies, one of the reasons of exactly why it is so hard to be a missionary. It is because we have to live up to expectations. But this not only applies for missionaries, because it was once said "Every Member.... A Missionary!", so the great question in life really is just how well we can live up to expectations. Expectations of God, of our Parents, of our Friends, of Members, of Investigators, of Co-workers, of Employees, of Teachers. But as it was once said in a poem, the expectations that we need to live up to most are our own.
 

When you get what you want in your struggle for self

And the world makes you king for a day,

Just go to a mirror and look at yourself,

And see what that man has to say.

 

For it isn't your father or mother or wife,

Who judgment upon you must pass;

The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the one starring back from the glass.

 

He's the fellow to please, never mind all the rest.

For he's with you clear up to the end,

And you've passed the most dangerous, difficult test

If the man in the glass is your friend.

 

You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,

And think you're a wonderful guy,

But the man in the glass says you're only a bum

If you can't look him straight in the eye.

 

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years.

And get pats on the back as you pass,

But your final reward will be the heartaches and tears

If you've cheated the man in the glass.

 

 
It makes me wonder sometimes how often we cheat the man in the glass.
It is something to reflect upon I suppose.
Because in the end, it is true. It doesnt matter what we are doing, whether it be school, dance, work, play, sports. It is relative to all. For me, and talking with President Kelly, the thing that is relative to me right now is Missionary Work.  And it sometimes makes me wonder. I guess in 10 months, when I come home, and when I look in a mirror (if my doing so doesnt break the mirror in the first place ;D) I will find out for myself.
 
10 months.... Strange, huh?
 
Love you guys, you are awesome!
Vi Voglio Bene,
Anziano Parry



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Post a Comment