New Years Resolutions

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
We are about to start the year 2012, which just happens to be the year in which the ancient Mayans and modern cinema have predicted that the world will come to a catystraphic and destructive end. I'm excited:D
 
So this last week has been rather eventful. I almost dont know where to start. I guess I will say that it was really nice talking to the family on Christmas Eve, and that time flew by while doing so. I could have easily talked for a while more, but hey, time is money in the mission. I feel really bad that I didnt get to make the call to Brasil to the family that I have there, but I want them all to know that I love them, and that I will just have to talk to them next time, and to not feel bad about missing the call. I can personally only remember one time when Ammon called home from his mission, and it was when I poured out my soul to him telling him that I had gotten into all of his stuff while he was gone, and how bad I felt about it haha. (Hint Hint, I hope all my stuff is still all there and intact when I get home haha). So I realise that it isnt that big of a deal, just as long as you get to talk at least once to the missionary in the mission field.
 
I was studying this morning, and I found some verses in 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 that I really enjoyed. It made me really think about experiences I am having right now, and how I should keep an eternal perspective. Enjoy:)
 
Christmas Eve was a really enjoyable day. We had gotten everything approved for an almost zone wide christmas party where alot of people went to Siracusa. We woke up saturday morning, got dressed, and hit the road for a 2 hour drive. When we arrived, we got together with all the other missionaries and we played soccer! Oh it was soo much fun. It had been too long since I had played. And then we all got together and had a great Christmas dinner with Turkey, Potatoes, Corn, Stuffing, etc... It was a great day. Then we left Siracusa and drove back to Messina, which is when I called home.
 
Christmas turned out to be a really good day too. We went to church, but there was only sacrament meeting today, so we got to go back to Maria Pia's house for lunch. She made 2 different types of Lasagna, meat, cheese, everything. It was all way good. And then the other companionship called home, so we ended up waiting for them. We played some italian card games with the family there, and had a good ol' time. After that, we left and we spent some with with a man named Giaimo, who is and old man who has spent the last 20 christmas' alone, so we took him a Pandoro and a Coca Cola, and we had little party together. And then we went to visit a man named Alberto, who also has spent the last 15 years alone on christmas, so we ended up doing the same thing with him. I actually enjoyed christmas alot spending it this way.
 
Monday turned out to the missionary holday for us since christmas itself was on a sunday. So we woke up, picked up the anziani from Reggio, and then we went back to the house where we watched Cars 2 (in Italian because we couldnt get english to work, which was hilarious) and then we watched La Vita è Bella (Life is Beautiful) which made me laugh harder than Cars 2 did. It is absolutely hilarious in Italian. And then we played Risk with everyone there. It was a fun day.
 
Things are going very well here. I have recently had scare about attending college when I get home, and I am still working my way through that crisis haha. Other than that, all I can say is that life is good.
 
Vi voglio tantissimo bene,
Anziano Parry
 
P.S. I know you cant see it very well, but the photo is of me on this last Preparation day that I spent with Giamo. He took us to a restaurant, and he ordered us Spaghetti alle Cozze, and it was INCREDIBLE. Easily one of my favorite foods. I need to learn how to make it.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 comments:

Post a Comment